(NOT assembly line type work)
Madison Heights, MI
Company builds display's and signs for retail stores.
Pay rate: $17/hr
- Responsible for reviewing orders and fabricating required décor items in time to meet scheduled ship dates.
- Will proactively inventory components needed and coordinate with other departments for parts and materials to ensure he/she has all components to fulfill each order, on time.
- Will notify purchasing and management if inventory of raw stock and other components are running low
- Will keep work areas clean and organized
- If workload dictates, employee will also communicate needs to direct supervisor and/or management for assistance to ensure deadlines are met
- Required to work overtime hours when business dictates.
- Assembling various décor/signage items from start to finish
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use power drill, power nailer, staplers and tape gun
- Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions as well as shop drawings
- Ability to read and understand tape measure
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds of material on a regular basis
• Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects and tools
• Stand for long periods of time
• Repetitive movements
• Safety glasses must be worn at all times while in the shop
Days/Hours: 1st Shift- 8am-4:30pm M-F; OT and Saturdays as required
Permanent job: 90 day contract to direct hire
*Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account • *Paid Time Off • *401(k) Retirement Plan • Education and Training Opportunities • Free coffee/tea, filtered water and ice • Adherence to all COVID safety protocols - regular sanitizing, face masks (free re-usable mask provided upon request) • Safety glasses provided • Relaxed, open working environment • Centrally located with easy access to I-75, M-59 and I-696 freeways