Bridgeport Mill Machinist
Madison Heights, Mi
***Quarterly profit sharing bonuses offered
***MUST be open to learn how to setup & operate CNC Mills (as the shop will transition to cnc mills)
Set up and operate Bridgeport machines and machine centers to perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, and boring of metals, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machine ability of materials, blueprint reading, and industrial math.
- Ability to change tooling as required on manual Bridgeport Mill
- Ability to read, have knowledge of use and application of micrometers, calipers, depth
gages, indicators and various standard shop gages.
- Ability to do basic shop math.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and adjust when necessary.
- Also adhere to all plant safety rules and regulations, all policies and procedures, complete all daily paperwork, attend all job-related meetings, maintain cleanliness of work area, and represent company to customers, suppliers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Work Hours: 7am - 3:30pm with light overtime
Permanent position – 90 day contract to direct hire
Company offers the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 60 days
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan – 90 days
- Quarterly Incentive/Bonus Program – 90 days
- Life Insurance – 60 days
- Tuition Reimbursement – 1 year
- Flexible Spending Accounts – 1 year
- Sick Pay (40 hours) – 90 days
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program (9 Holidays/Floating)