CNC Machinist - Mill or Lathe
Job Location: Redford, MI
Company is a steel forging and manufacturer of steel products specializing in custom open die forgings and seamless rolled rings.
GREAT benefits offered!
Pay Rate: $25 - 30/hr., based on yrs of experience
This position contributes to the company's success by having a thorough understanding of consistent and reliable operation of CNC machining equipment.
Company has Fanuc controlled machines. And, some Mazak cnc machines.
Individual will also be required to modify existing cnc programs to achieve optimal performance in cost, quality, tool life, speeds, feeds, depth of cut, etc. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Reviews shop orders and drawings to determine machining specifications and requirements.
- Enters computer commands to retrieve stored parts data and programs.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools(inserts) as needed
- Performs dimensional inspection of product as required
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent working knowledge of CNC machining equipment.
- Knowledge of cnc machining: edit cnc program, set up and operation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for machining equipment.
Education and/or Experience
- Seeking min. 3 years of experience in cnc setup, cnc program editing and cnc machine operation. Will consider any type of cnc machine.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to read measuring gages
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 50#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm, Mon -Fri. Avg. 50 - 60 hr/wk, yet OT is unlimited