Coil Machine Operator
Co. is a UAW union facility that process steel bars and coils - cutting, straightening, heat treating and plating.
3rd Shift: 8pm-6am
(10 hours shifts with overtime and weekends) Employee will work 2 weeks of Saturday and Sunday and then get 3rd weekend off.
Pay rate: $18/hr (.35 shift premium)
Summary of Job:
The Coil Draw Block operator prepares material and operates machine for the process of
drawing coil rod steel. Responsible for entering the proper information into the computer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locates and identifies steel.
- Loads and unloads machine with a fork truck and overhead crane
- Operate the swagging (pointer) machine to prep the coil for drawing.
- Operates draw block to draw coil rod steel to meet customer specification.
- Uses a micrometer to check the finish diameter of the coil
- Operate a hydraulic manco cutter to remove end of coil.
- Performs banding, re-band, and all related tagging duties
- Housekeeping duties around the shop
- Help move coils with fork truck when needed
Education, Experience, Training and/ or Skills Required:
- Fork truck license
- Crane training
- High school or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
3-6 month contract to hire with immediate benefits through Job&Talent