Electrical Controls Technician
Job location: Hamptonville, NC
Co. is a metal stamping facility of small to medium size auto parts (heat shields)
GREAT co. to work for!
Pay rate: Up to $40/hr + $10,000 ($5,000 relocation bonus and $5000 sIgn on bonus)
Hours: 2nd and 3rd shifts available, Mon. to Fri., often will work 6 days per week, some Sun. as needed
2nd Shift: 2:30pm – 10:30pm, 3rd Shift: 10:30pm – 6:30am
- Become the equipment expert and the primary support for Manufacturing regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product.
- Identify opportunities for technical improvement and become a mentor to the existing Technical Support Team members.
- Provide technical assistance with new equipment, process development, setup, debug and training, particularly as it relates to automation and electronic controls.
- Must adhere to and ensure that all safety procedures are maintained in accordance with industry standards (OSHA, NEC,ANSI, IEEE).
- Proficient in electrical systems up to 480 VAC.
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
- 2 year technical / electronics degree and 3 years of industrial controls and electronics experience.
- Strong technical experience with Allen Bradley based controls and software (RSLogix,RSView).
- Strong technical experience with VFD’s and Servo-based Motion control systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills involving all facets of machinery (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic) with emphasis on PLC’s and Control systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize with minimal direction.
- Ability to function within cross-functional teams (comprised of peers and subordinates), utilizing good communication skills and a “hands–on” approach within all projects.
- Must be able to read and understand English
Additional Qualifications/Experience Preferred:
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and maintenance.
- Technical knowledge of industrial networking including but not limited to Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc.).
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (metal stamping, thermal forming, steel rule dies, etc…)
- Working knowledge of Fanuc robot programming and maintenance of robotic work cells.
- Technical experience with High Tonnage presses (mechanical and hydraulic actuated) and related auxiliary equipment.