Engineering Manufacturing Manager
Company is a tier 1 & 2 supplier for automotive & other industries
Salary: $100 - 120k/yr
Manage the Engineering function.
• Direct Engineering staff (approx. 4 direct employee) in achieving timely completion of department projects and objectives.
• Develop scope on assigned or initiated projects or tasks. Assign and work with department on projects. Track progress of assigned tasks.
• Communicate with appropriate plant and corporate personnel to secure concurrence of the project goals and tasks.
• Provide leadership, performance feedback input and motivation on projects and performance.
• Interface with plant personnel to smooth transition of projects into plant.
• Report on RVP AND TRP Engineering projects progress and issue monthly RVP AND TRP Engineering project report. Report progress at monthly plant vehicle launch and business meetings.
• Define and organize activities and solutions from general assignments to look into or investigate problems or solutions.
• Leads the process engineering activities for new jobs/launches and engineering changes from preplanning and preparation to implementation.
• Reviews product design to ensure optimal manufacturability, adherence to tolerance guidelines, tool design, machine design, cell layout, compatibility issues, and safety concerns.
• Leads tooling development and design from prototype through manufacturing production stages.
• Leads efforts to develop manufacturing equipment for process through either machine upgrades or acquisition of new capital equipment.
• Leads process development effort through cross-functional teams to develop optimal cell layout, work instructions, process flow layout, and set-up procedures, while adhering to safety, quality, and productivity protocols.
• Leads cross-functional teams to develop PFMEA’s, mistake/error proofing.
• Coordinates internal engineering trials for PPAP’s, PSA’s, Run at Rates, etc.
• Evaluates and takes actions needed to meet or exceed targets set for spoilage, cycle time, and quality.
• Accomplishes the above tasks through compliance with the plant’s Advanced Planning Quality Procedures.
• Maintain Records of tooling design/purchase as outlined in Mfg. Capability.
• Produces part samples to meet customer requirements.
• Turn jobs over to production that are process capable and have all required equipment and documentation
• Leads engineering efforts to resolve/improve process problems.
• Identifies and resolves process improvements leading to better cycle times, reduced spoilage, improved process capability (i.e., Cpk, Ppk), and increased throughput.
• Develops and employs troubleshooting guidelines.
• Assists production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging, and other technical skills to keep production lines running at peak efficiency.
• Performs cause analysis and corrective action implementation on assigned customer complaints or internal failures.
• Performs safety analysis and implementation if corrective action.
• Keeps up to date with industry trends. Assist plant in technical, equipment, facility and process matters as required.
• Train and develop personnel in the group, maintain technical competence and expand knowledge of technical developments.
• Responsible for managing adequate time spent split between RVP and TRP plants, while always able to virtually support the other as necessary.
• Responsible as a manager for being an ambassador of CPAC and promote culture initiatives such as Lean programs, morale and Team Building, community involvement, organizational talent and leadership development.
• Responsible for the Top SQDCC goals of the RVP and TRP plants.
• Develop TS16949 procedures for department and demonstrate compliance.
• Upgrade personal knowledge and skill levels through training.
(Education, Work Experience, Etc.):
• Engineering degree (BSME, Mechanical, or Manufacturing) and 5 or more years relevant experience; or, high school diploma or equivalent and ten years of relevant work experience.
*Must have at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory role.
• Demonstrated problem solving and technical skills.
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Experience with MS Office and CAD applications
Desired: Thermoforming/ Extrusion background (a plus)
This is a Supervisory position requiring management and people development skills. Must be able to interface with production personnel throughout the Corporation.
Must be able to lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) required for effective job performance