Auburn Hills, Mi
*Great global company to work for! Organized, clean, modern shop.
Pay rate: up to $28-30/hr
To remove material from details by either surface grind, O.D. Grind, or I.D. Grind.
- Operate appropriate grinder: surface, OD or ID
- Read internal orders and blue prints
- Measure parts to maintain conformance
- Read measuring tools
- Shop math
- Grind details for plastic injection machine components; nozzles, Plates, Pins, Tips, and End Caps
- Will work w/ steel, titanium, stainless steel and hardened steel using surface
- Nozzle details small to medium size
- Parts get larger per series, the lot sizes are small, 1 -200 pcs many lots are under a qty of 25 pcs. or less
- Dress or replace grinding wheels when needed
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Must have 3 - 5 years experience reading prints, setting up and operating manual surface grinders
- Any CNC Grinding experience is a PLUS, yet will train on CNC Grinder
Day shift: 6/7am to 4/5pm, avg. 46-56 hrs/wk, currently working Sat.
Co. offers flex time with certain start and end times that employees can pick from depending on hours being worked. These schedules are able to be switched on a weekly basis as long as their supervisor, work load and coverage allow for whatever schedule the employee picks
Permanent job - 90 days contract to direct hire
**Great benefits package offered after 90 days – 401K match, good med. ins. plan, vacation, holiday pay etc.!