Jr. CAD Designer
Company is an OEM supplier
As a world leader in the design and manufacturing industry, our client is seeking an eager and enthusiastic Jr. CAD Designer to join our successful Novi team immediately. We are looking for a talented individual with solid professional skills in manufacturing.
This role is primarily responsible for the development of parts and tooling used in the manufacture of vehicle exhaust system components, ensuring that all customer and internal requirements are met.
What you will be doing:
· Work directly with manufacturing engineers and the production team in the shop environment to troubleshoot technical aspects of product designs, tools, and processes
· Perform the design function for product drawings, stamping tooling, assembly tooling, and prototype tooling using SolidWorks software.
· Review product designs and ensure compliance with internal DFM/A rules and the design guide.
· Apply GD&T to component and assembly level components
· Support the document control process for drawing release and change management.
· Manage changes and tooling updates for existing products as required
· Proactively work to improve CAD processes and standards
· Work cooperatively in team setting
· Performs all functions in a safe and productive manner
· Keeps equipment and work area in a clean and organized condition
· Adhere to environmental standards and programs
· Performs special assignments as delegated from time to time
What you bring along:
· Experience in metals manufacturing, machining, welding is highly desirable
· Entry level proficiency with SolidWorks
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Associate degree or equivalent work experience
· Ability to collaborate with program managers, manufacturing leads, and functional leads
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· Relevant technological knowledge
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our team includes members with a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds, ages, and experiences. We understand that your work at Active should support you no matter your current situation, and we offer several benefits to ensure that your work is fulfilling while respecting your work-life balance:
Competitive compensation and vacation packages based on current industry norms.
Group health benefits
Advancement opportunities and lateral movement based on personal interest and qualification.