Machine Builder (small machines)
Company manufactures small engraving machines and equipment
Loc. Chesterfield, MI
Pay Rate: $23-$28/hr (Based on experience)
Must have 1 + year experience assembling or repairing mechanical components
Someone familiar with one of the following: Saws – Drill Press – Welder – Vertical mill (Bridgeport) – basic electrical wiring and piping (air & Hydraulic)
Must be able to understand building instructions
MUST have some hand-tools
Read inspection tools i.e. tape measure, ruler, calipers and micrometers
Light experience with some of the following: drill, tap, saw, cut, weld, and bend metal
***Willing to train on the machine assembly if the candidate can read prints and has shop tools / equipment experience
- Blueprint reading & measuring skills
- Work with: Bridgeport, grinders, band saw, drill press and/ or mig welding.
- Align fixtures, mount valves, bend air lines, know fittings, pipe sizes etc.
- Operate hi-lo and rigging equipment.
- Test machine operation and set-up part holding fixtures.
- Build precision machines (Air, Hydraulic and Electrically Powered)
- Weld guards, chutes, and other materials using Mig welder.
- Involved in, assembling, and finishing processes of tooling.
- Perform Machine Tool wiring and debug equipment.
- Install and wire connections for (PLC) controls and components on custom automation machines.
- Assemble fixtures, material equipment fixtures, drill jigs and fixtures.
Looking for someone with:
- Entry-level – handy with tools some shop experience as a machine builder assembly trainee.
- Mid-level machine builder with 2 years or so machine tool or machine shop experience maybe fabricator experience.
- Trained experience machine assembly builder – can read prints well and knows how to use all the tools like welding fabricating machining fitting piping some wiring.
Hours: 6am - 2:30pm/4:30pm - often work 10 hour days
Co. offers 100% paid med ins. BC/BS Gold Plan (benefit package adds up to $12/hr value to whole compensation)
90 day contract to direct hire