Madison Heights, Mi
UAW company – facility of heating coating process
Salary: up $90K/yr.
Perm job – 90 day to direct hire, UAW position when hired direct
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of industrial plant, or other establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Directly supervises 4 or more employees in the Maintenance Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complains and resolving problems.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to process new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Min. 1-2 year supervisory experience
Min. 3 yr maintenance/ machine repair experience
*Will consider any machine/ equipment experience performing mechanical and/ or electrical repairs
Versed in electrical diagnostics, plumbing including iron, galvanized and PVC systems, welding of mild and stainless steels and the ability to build fixtures as required.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A working knowledge of MIOSHA and OSHA regulations as relates to general industry standards.
Hours: OT available , M – Fri 7AM - 4PM, Some Sat as needed
Company runs 3 shifts, 5 days/wk operation (Sat. until 3pm)