Port Huron, MI
Plastic Automotive Supplier
Maintenance Manager will provide maintenance service for all departments within Port Huron Facility with a strong focus on preventative maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain electrical, hydraulic and mechanical functions of all major and auxiliary equipment to keep them in top level working condition.
- Keep all presses in running condition on a 24-hour per day basis.
- Personally make all contacts with salesmen, suppliers, and servicemen through any type of communication necessary.
- Initiate safety check program based on manufacturer’s recommendations of all machinery and equipment and repair oil leaks as required.
- Determine and maintain sufficient inventory of spare parts to insure minimum interruption to machinery and plant operation.
- Communication Skills:
- Attend monthly QOS meetings with Manufacturing Manager.
- Work with Plant Manager/Manufacturing Manager to schedule work to be done by maintenance crews on work days not scheduled for production.
- Be responsible for all building maintenance. All work to be done by outside sources is to have the Plant Manager’s approval to authorize the work to be done.
- Perform electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic modifications on tools when required.
Maintain unscheduled maintenance downtime below the expected goal as set forth by the Manufacturing Manager.
Maintain computerized Maintenance Management Software on machine repairs and P/M.
Maintain department budget and cost control.
Supervisory Responsibility- Directly supervises employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In the event that this position becomes vacant, the Manufacturing Manager will resume responsibilities.
- Electrical Skills (Logic level, 110V - 440V, Relay Logic, PLC Programming Logic, Computer Logic, Blueprint Reading)
- Pneumatic Skills (Pneumatic Circuitry, Blueprint Reading, Work Experience)
- Mechanical Skills
- Mechanical Blueprint Reading
- Welding Skills
- Fabricating Skills
- Equipment Repair
- Thinking Logic
- Knowledge of Tool Room Equipment and Capabilities
- Knowledge of Dial Calipers, Micrometers, and other Measuring Devices
- Knowledge of Parts Inventory Requirements
- Statistical Methods of Problem Solving
- Available for 24-hour call.
- Available for 7-day work week.
- Willing and able to work lengthy hours as the job requires.
- Must have plastic injection molding experience
- Education and/or Experience- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations- Hi lo license, rigging, and crane training required