Chesterfield, MI 48051 US
Company manufactures automotive clutches (approx. 55 employees)
Pay Rate: $35 - 40/hr, depending on experience
Supervise all maintenance functions and staff in daily plant operations.
Hands-on position to involve leading, directing, and working with maintenance team in the
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production equipment.
New Cell implementation w/ the following equipment: experience with plastic injection molding machines, magnet wire coil winding equipment, CNC lathes and machining centers, material handling robots and their control systems, mechanical
presses, and semi-automatic assembly equipment desired.
Will mange up to 5 Maintenance Tech employees
Coordinate with outside contractors regarding repairs and improvements to operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Understand plant issues requiring maintenance and establish priorities for action utilizing input from Production Supervisors, Advisors, and Production Manager. Work with these sources to resolve production problems.
· Follow-up on work performed by Maintenance Technicians to ensure satisfactory results.
· Advise Maintenance Technicians on areas where they need assistance or have questions.
· Develop Maintenance Technician expertise to ensure they obtain essential knowledge to repair all equipment.
· Coordinate with Advisors in development and delivery of training on machine repair and maintenance.
· Coordinate production machinery repairs and improvements with outside contractors to ensure most cost effective means used without compromise of quality of work.
· Responds to spills and clean and contain in accordance with ISO14001 regulations.
· Perform the essential job functions of the Maintenance Technician as needed.
· Monitor employee performance, provide regular feedback and guidance, and conduct performance appraisals annually.
· Ensure all corporate policies and procedures regarding employees’ health, and safety are consistently administered and followed.
· Manage our water treatment room and procedure to release water to city as required by law.
· Performs building maintenance as needed, such as: cleaning, plumbing, parking lot cleaning, snow plow, and lawn care as needed to
maintain overall buildings.
· Establishes or adjusts maintenance plans and procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
· Lead weekly maintenance meeting and maintain data mined from meeting.
· Open/Close Arm/Disarm Building and Security System
· Adhere to MIOSHA standards, follow QMS, EMS systems while performing work.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Operate machines as necessary to assist Production department.
· Pick up spare parts & tooling from vendors as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Basic skill and knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, machinery, and electronic maintenance and repair.
· Knowledge of CNC machine operation, machinery rigging, and material handling.
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds and move, push, or pull up to 150 pounds throughout an 8-10-hour shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Four (4) years of additional technical training or education preferred.
· Ten (10) or more years of experience in manufacturing building maintenance, specifically in construction, mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and plumbing.
· Basic Supervisory skills training.
· Storm Water Operator license.
· Welding experience.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 6AM - 2:30PM, avg. 40 hours per week