Manual Mill / Bridgeport Machinist
Job Location: Redford, MI
Company is a steel forging and manufacturer of steel products specializing in custom open die forgings and seamless rolled rings.
GREAT benefits offered!
Pay Rate: up to $28/hr., based on yrs of exp.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will setup and operate manual mill, Bridgeport machines
- Accountable for efficient and timely production of a quality finished product.
- Aware at all times of correct orientation of product being placed in machine.
- Loads and unloads product.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Performs basic dimensional inspection of product when required.
- Operates equipment in constant high production environment.
- Starts and stops cycle of equipment as needed, through use of push buttons and levers.
- Removes metal shavings/chips from equipment in a safe manner.
- Rough machine forgings to drawings
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of operations of manual Mill, Bridgeport machines
- Knowledge of a machining shop in the steel industry.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be able to read blueprints and measuring gages
- Min. 1- 3 experience with setup and operation of manual mill
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 50#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm, Mon -Fri. Avg. 50 - 60 hr/wk, yet OT is unlimited