Industrialization Manager/ Sr Manufacturing Eng.
Rochester Hills, MI
Company is a plastic injection facility, manufacturer small precision auto parts, connectors etc.
Industrialization Manager: salary $100k - $120k/yr
Manufacturing Engineer: salary $70k - $95K/yr
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for launching and implementing industrialization projects and contributes to the continuous improvement of his or her position. Ensures compliance with QCD projects.
- Study the feasibility of projects in the acquisition phase with other specialists within co.
- Manage projects with internal resources and resources within functional linkages.
- Organize kick-off meetings with the customer and suppliers to validate input data and propose possible changes.
- Management of changes within technical scope to increase the commercial margin.
- Supervise the preparation of PPAP files and process project feasibility.
- Manage projects in the development phase in compliance with QCD objectives.
- Manage the development of components, specific installations, and special machinery in relation to suppliers and industrialization department.
- Develop and evolve technical files (part specification, customer, and internal needs)
- Manage quote modification in the development phase.
- Establish and follow the project timing: coordinate the project team, manage budget)
- Validate and monitor the development of tools with co’s internal experts.
- Participate in testing, analyze results, and determine product and process developments.
- Ensure the technological watch of its activity.
- Track and update technical information and APQP files.
- Mange projects related to tool transfers.
- Carry out the financial balance sheet of assigned projects and respect defined financial objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Reports to: C.E.O.
Direct Reports: Manufacturing Engineer; Engineering Intern
- 5+ years of experience managing new projects and continuous improvement
- Strong injection molding and tooling knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of automotive core tools: APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, and 8D
- Strong team player
- Ability to study the feasibility of a project
- Ability to influence others
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (required)
- English (fluent); French (preferred)
Hours: 7am to 3/4pm, Mon.-Friday
Work Visa sponsorship NOT available