Company is a Tier-1 & 2 automotive & aerospace supplier
Salary: up to $100K/yr, based on experience
*Job opening in Corporate OR, in the Manufacturing side (Aerospace)
Will oversees the planning, procurement, storage, controls and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements.
This role provides operational leadership for Policy, Procedure, & Work Instructions in a high mix production environment.
A successful candidate will be self-driven leader who can take the division to the next level.
- Demand forecasting (firm & planning) for both service and production.
- Oversee current & advanced bills of materials in a high configuration environment.
- Lead materials planning, execution & production control teams (15 - 25 employees).
- Take lead role in optimizing and performing MRP (Materials Resource Planning).
- Oversee production control & work order release to manufacturing cells/focused factories.
- Generate, monitor and develop action for internal operating metrics involving inventory.
- Identify and/or implement new technology, methods and thinking.
- Sustain & grow metrics for a global supply base.
- Optimize levels of inventory across 3000+ SKU numbers either purchased or manufactured.
- Improve and manage material flow to align with production flow.
- Participate and launch a new ERP system.
- Lead negotiations on expedites
- Ensure the operation is never out to material and the material on hand is justified.
- A positive can-do attitude to support Engineering leadership as necessary to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in MRP Software
- Word, Power Point, Excel (Level: Moderate), Outlook
- 4 Year Degree ; Engineering or Business Administration
- 5-10 Years of Progressive experience in material management within a manufacturing operation
- High level of organization, data & planning skills
- Strong leadership skills, a self-motivated initiator
Excellent package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits. We also offer short-term disability and FMLA benefits, a 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, as well as Bereavement Pay and Jury Duty Pay.
Permanent position - 90 day contract to direct hire or, direct hire from start based on exp. & job fit