Jr. Machine Builder / Assembler (small units)
Company manufactures small engraving machines and equipment
Loc. Chesterfield, MI
Pay Rate: up to $20 - 25/hr, based on experience
Must have 1 + year experience assembling or repairing mechanical components on machines.
Must have experience reading basic mechanical assembly prints
MUST have some hand-tools
Blue print reading & Measuring skills
Read inspection tools i.e. tape measure, ruler, calipers and micrometers.
Light fabrication skills: Know how to drill, tap, saw, cut, weld, and bend metal
Align fixtures, mount valves, bend air lines, know fittings, pipe sizes etc.
***Willing to train on the machine assembly if the candidate can read prints and has shop tools / equipment experience.
- Work with: Bridgeport, grinders, band saw, drill press and MIG welder.
- Operate hi-lo and rigging equipment.
- Test machine operation and set-up part holding fixtures.
- Build precision machines (Air, Hydraulic and Electrically Powered)
- Weld guards, chutes, and other materials using Mig welder.
- Involved in, assembling, and finishing processes of Tooling.
- Perform Machine Tool wiring and debug equipment.
- Install and wire connections for (PLC) controls and components on custom automation machines.
- Assemble fixtures, material equipment fixtures, drill jigs and fixtures.
Hours: 6am - 2:30pm/4:30pm - often work 10 hour days
Co. offers 100% paid med ins. BC/BS Gold Plan (benefit package adds up to $12/hr value to whole compensation)
Perm. position – 90 day contract to direct hire