Packager / Shipping Clerk
Madison Heights, MI
Company builds display's and signs for retail stores.
Pay rate: $17/hr
Perform all duties relating to the packaging and shipping of finished product.
• Construct boxes and securely package signage
• Ability to use power drill, power nailer, staplers and tape gun
• Ability to read and understand tape measurements
• Follow quality control procedures and report any concerns to supervisor
• Pull all hardware and touch up paint required for shipment
• Light assembly or painting if needed
• Keep accurate inventory of material and supplies
• Complete material requisition forms for hardware
• Maintain a clean work area, keep floor clear of debris
• Properly load truck for transport if licensed to drive the hi-lo
• Other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor
• Perform all job duties using standard safety practices and safety standards
• Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions
• Reliable transportation
Ability to lift up to 65 pounds of material on occasion
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Bending to pick up objects.
• Repetitive movements.
• Safety glasses must be worn at all times while in the shop.
Days/Hours: 1st Shift- 9:30am – 6:00 pm M-F; OT and Saturdays as required
Permanent job: 90 day contract to direct hire
*Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account • *Paid Time Off • *401(k) Retirement Plan • Free coffee/tea, filtered water and ice • Adherence to all COVID safety protocols - regular sanitizing, face masks (free re-usable mask provided upon request) • Safety glasses provided • Relaxed, open working environment • Centrally located with easy access to I-75, M-59 and I-696 freeways
Temp to Hire