Company is a steel forging and manufacturer of steel products specializing in custom open die forgings
Salary: up to $78K/yr
This position contributes to the company’s success by having a thorough understanding of the day-to-day responsibility for leading, completing, training in the use of various quality related tools and quality management processes, including APQP, FMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Flow Charts and in developing inspection plans, procedures/work instructions, visual aids and other shop floor based documented quality reporting methods.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline preferred OR, 7 or more years of experience in a related/similar assignment
• ASQ Certification as a Quality Engineer preferred
• 3 or more years of metal manufacturing experience preferred
• Experience with ferrous and non-ferrous metals preferred
• Machining and inspection of machined parts preferred
• Leads, completes, trains in using various quality planning and related tools including APQP, FMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Flow Charts, and other associated customer submission paperwork.
• Tracks and analyzes various data and prepares quality related reports, charts, graphs utilizing computers and various software packages.
• Assists manufacturing in developing shop floor inspection plans and checking methods and in training operations to perform them.
• Participates in leading and performing QMS, product and process-based audits.
• Must be proficient in the use of various problem-solving methods and in training others to use them effectively.
• Will provide quality input to evaluate new product requirements as part of the contract review process.
• Will assist with development and completion of Shop Order Process Plans.
• Assists in reviewing and approving gauging used to be utilized to measure and control processing of products through various manufacturing processes.
• Interfaces with customers and supplies on quality related issues.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Knowledge of the steel industry including forgings and rolled rings
• Knowledge of various quality planning tools and methods and statistical methods and the ability to use them proficiently.
• Knowledge of Quality Management System and auditing of same
• Knowledge and ability to write machining/machining inspection procedures and work instructions as needed
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Standing, bending, sitting, lifting to 25#, squatting and walking for up to 8 hours per day.
• The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Must wear required personal protective equipment when in manufacturing areas
• Quality Management System and Indoctrination
• Plant required Safety Training
• New Hire Orientation and New Hire Safety Training
• Customer specified or supplied training, when required
• Job specific procedures, work instructions, forms, and processes (if applicable) and as needed per QMS revisions and updates
Medical, dental and vision benefits at 30 days, 40 hr of PTO/80 hr of Vacation (of a 1st quarter hire), 401K, 401K match 50% at 6%
No work Visa sponsorship available