Ring Mill Operator
Company is a steel forging and manufacturer of steel products specializing in custom open die forgings
Hours: Day shift
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for running the Wagner Ring Mill.
• Operate the ring mill and lead the crew in making seamless rolled rings.
• The operator must be familiar with PLC controlled machines. Will be responsible to set sizes and speeds
to maximize the forging/rolling process.
• Responsible for assuring that forging process is controlled to meet customer requirements.
• Responsible for setting furnace temperatures during production shift.
• Responsible for training new employees with proper practice and procedures needed for their jobs.
• Operates forklift and manipulator to move materials through the manufacturing process.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Must possess great attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Previous manufacturing experience helpful but not necessary.
• Previous experience running PLC controlled machines helpful but not necessary.
• Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 50lbs, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per
• The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential
• Must wear required personal protective equipment when in manufacturing areas