Auburn Hills, MI
Company builds systems for plastic injection molding machines.
Pay rate: up to $28/hr (+10% shift prem. for 2nd shift)
1st shift: 7am - 4:30pm
2nd shift: 3pm – 11:30pm
Note: Training is being offered in-house!
- Service Technician to troubleshoot processing specifically related to plastic injection machine HOT RUNNER systems (direct flow manifolds, unitized manifolds) and related components (bushings, valve gate systems, extension machine nozzles, screen pack filters, temperature controllers, quick mold change systems and sequence control systems) at customer sites
- Assess job requirements by evaluating the current product (manifold, nozzle, controller, etc.) in order to prepare for the appropriate repair
- Perform necessary services according to company protocol
- Test for satisfactory performance of the repaired products
- Inform the customer of scheduled time frame
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting hot runner systems and processing molding issues
- Will be required to assess components, determine needed repairs, test equipment, make adjustments and check with customer for acceptance
Experience in plastic injection molding
Reading mics and calipers
Will be on-call over some weekends (rotates with others in the department).
*Best fit are candidates with some machine processing, mold setting and some maintenance experience
Must have a valid drivers license to travel to customer sites if needed (rare occasion using company service van)
- Experience in plastic processing, troubleshooting/replacing injector pins
- Must also have experience repairing DME and/or Husky hot runner systems
Education and/or experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or min. 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Perm. job - 90 day contract to direct hire