S&R Clerk/ Material Handler
Rochester Hills, MI
Company is a plastic injection facility that manufactures small precision auto parts, connectors etc.
Pay rate: $20 - $22/hour
NOTE: Experience with an ERP system and scanners is important for this position.
Experience in automotive
Knowledge of IATF16949 requirements
Understanding of FIFO and Lean Manufacturing
Moves, and stores various non-hazardous materials within the facility.
Main duties include loading and unloading all incoming deliveries and outgoing shipments, recording manufactured, semi-finished and finished goods and pallets produced.
Storing material in the appropriate warehouse locations with corresponding stock movement and identification in ERP system, making sure shipments properly match purchase orders and deliveries match orders.
Daily duties must be completed while keeping warehouse clean and organized at all times.
- Verifies the accuracy of quantity and quality of incoming deliveries and outgoing shipments.
- Label every pallet (good, semi-finished, components, material, etc.) once recorded in ERP and timely places them in their respective warehouse locations.
- Performs accurate and timely entries and stock movements in ERP system.
- Identifies and locates the right parts for delivery and move them accordingly.
- Keeps a well-maintained, accurate and updated account of stock and inventory.
- Provides and maintains raw material, components, and defined packaging stock at each production cell per Build Order requirements.
- Timely restocks raw material (weighing), components, and defined packaging stock from each production cell at the end of a Build Order.
- Support all material related production processes
- Identifies and properly uses dedicated warehouse locations for efficient warehouse management.
- Keeps all material handling equipment in the best condition by coordinating regular maintenance.
- Collaborates with internal departments to locate missing parts, identifies incorrect deliveries and rejects damaged products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Highly skilled driving a forklift
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to use a scanner
- ERP system experience
- Strong team player
- Willing and able to follow company policies
Work overtime as necessary
Forklift certification (to be provided by employer)
Steel toe shoes/boots required
Open for 2nd or 3rd shift
Hours: 3:00pm - 11:30pm or, 11pm to 7:30am
Perm. job - 90 day contract to direct hire