Sign Assembly Tech
Madison Heights, MI
Company builds display's and signs for retail stores.
Pay rate: Up to $25/hr based on experience
• Serve in the role of a technical support specialist for signage lighting & technology integrated décor.
• Bend and shape sign parts, CAN lettering and Channel Lettersets, by hand or by using machinery (AccuBend and Accu Clinch).
• Wire and assemble all types of lighting (including LED) into décor and signage per the engineered specifications.
• Safely make electrical connections and rewire signage and lighting as needed.
• Work with various materials (LEDs, Aluminum, Acrylic, plastic, power supplies, and electrical components, etc.) provided to create custom lettersets and signage, ranging from simple to complex.
• Assembly of various non-lit décor and signage of various substrates, (wood, aluminum, acrylic, gator foam, etc.) from start to completion.
• Apply the highest level of workmanship to all elements of every job, pay high attention to detail and provide quality workmanship.
• Work with various tools and equipment, including hand tools, power tools, and various machinery to complete the production process.
• Plan, prepare, and use materials in a matter to keep waste to a minimum.
• Work with engineering and design staff to clarify information and obtain design changes as needed to achieve successful prototype builds for experiential, illuminated and technology integrated décor (motion, sound, visual LED effects)
• The ideal candidate for this position will like working with their hands.
• Safely make electrical connections and rewiring signage and lighting as needed.
• Must be a team player and work well with other departments to deliver the best product to the customer.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area clear of debris.
• Perform all job duties using standard safety practices.
• Use time wisely and remain productive.
• Other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
• Responsible for following all company policies as stated in the employee handbook.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proven experience with prototype builds for experiential, illuminated and technology integrated décor (motion, sound, visual LED effects)
• Experience with integrating flat screens, make whirligigs and windmills move, etc. (preferred).
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience in electrical signage, LED lighting and customized CAN lettering with backlit LED lighting
• 2-4 years’ work experience in a skilled trade or shop production environment
• Ability to read, understand, and follow written directions and basic shop drawings/blueprints.
• Ability to interpret and verify measurements according to required specifications.
• Ability to comprehend basic electrical concepts.
• Have a general understanding of signage and graphics materials, substrates, and manufacturing processes.
• Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds of material on a regular basis.
• Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects and tools.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Repetitive movements.
• Safety glasses must be worn at all times while in the shop
Days/Hours: 1st Shift- 8am-4:30pm M-F; OT and Saturdays as required
Permanent job: 90 day contract to direct hire
*Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account • *Paid Time Off • *401(k) Retirement Plan • Education and Training Opportunities • Your chance to work at a growing, award-winning Retail Design & Architectural Company; In business for 48 years • Company Events • Free coffee/tea, filtered water and ice • Adherence to all COVID safety protocols - regular sanitizing, face masks (free re-usable mask provided upon request) • Safety glasses provided • Relaxed, open working environment • Centrally located with easy access to I-75, M-59 and I-696 freeways